First retail shops selling recreational marijuana in Massachusetts open November 20, 2018
Buy Marijuana In Massachusetts:Retail stores that may sell recreational marijuana opened November 20, 2018 at two locations in Massachusetts, and more retail shops are in the pipeline.
Rules on purchasing:Buy Marijuana In Massachusetts
You must be 21 or older to buy and use marijuana. (There are some medical exceptions.)You don’t have to be a Massachusetts resident. You must have a government ID.Sales are cash only.
Rules on possession:
- You may possess up to 1 ounce of weed and up to 5 grams of marijuana concentrate outside of your home.
- Using marijuana in public is prohibited. If an area bans tobacco smoking, that means it also bans smoking marijuana.
- You may use marijuana only in your home. There may be limits if you’re a renter.
- A landlord may prohibit or regulate marijuana smoking in the lease agreement. But a lease agreement cannot ban a tenant from consuming marijuana in ways other than smoking.
- State law allows you to give up to one ounce to another person.
Rules on transporting:
- Again, you can possess up to 1 ounce outside of your home. That includes a motor vehicle, but the marijuana or marijuana product must be in a sealed container or secured in the trunk or locked glove compartment.
- Driving while stoned is illegal
Hash & Concentrates:
- An adult may possess up to five grams of marijuana concentrate.
- An adult may buy and use marijuana paraphernalia.
- Selling marijuana paraphernalia to someone under 18 years of age is a felony
- The new law does not change your status as a patient using medical marijuana.